Tuesday, October 28, 2008

One week left!!

After a rousing political conversation with the nanny, I mean my dad, this morning... I felt the need to research what exactly those scary union commercials were trying to say by "Franken wants to take away your private vote!"

Btw, a little off topic, I just hate the fact that campaigns have endless money to spend on nasty ads because they neither represent "real choices" nor "real issues." I can't wait for the day when campaigns are publicly funded... those who really care about the issues will hand over their $50 (or whatever is the maximum donation) and the candidate will actually have to do something good like, make an ad that provides their views & stances on issues instead of rip down their opponent.

Yoinks, I am ALL fired up and ready to vote next Tuesday. I cannot wait to make history. Amélie will be so proud of her parents.

Here is a nice description, granted a bit biased in his presentation but he does define the "Employee Free Choice Act" that is the main focus in the Union advertisements. Plus, he provides some history/statistics so you can make the call.

Those Mobster Ads and Why Union Choice Really Matters

...

2 comments:

Ana Catalina said...

I just wanted to tell you that because my husband did not contact election officials about getting his absentee ballot from Cali, he will not be voting in this year's election. I just wanted to spread the word b/c Flavio deserves to be shamed for not voting in the most important election of our lifetime. Lucy and our future babies are totally going to be embarassed about their father's failure to fulfill his civic duty:(

A's mama said...

If I had his email address... I'd tear into him! I'm calling out the big naughty!

However, I'm wondering after this long - why not change your permanent address?! This gives me hope that NYC is NOT the long-term destination. Hells yeah!