Monday, August 20, 2007

How coffee saves the lives of others around me...

One morning about two weeks ago, I woke up more tired than when I went to bed. True, it has happened many times before but this morning happened to be when I started law school. How was I supposed to get through eight hours of Legal Methods without any caffeine? Plus, the fact that I now weigh over 150lbs makes me a little depressed. If you don't already know, when I'm depressed, I like to lay on the sofa with the Boo and sleep... oh, and while I'm laying there sleeping I like to eat junk food. So, being that rational human being that I am - I realized by laying on the sofa and eating - this would not accomplish my goal of attaining a JD or staying under 162lbs fully pregnant. Therefore, I splurged - just for my first weekend of law school - I was allowing myself a medium, non-fat, iced latte. Ohhhh, drool.

This morning, the girl at the coffee shop had memorized my order of a medium, non-fat, iced latte. I'm guilty of returning to my caffeine addiction for more than the first weekend of law school. Don't worry, I've received permission from my doctor to drink one latte a day without any harm. My coworkers have thanked me for both the improved mood and increased productivity. Plus, I think Bho enjoys the additional jolt of energy while practicing diving in my belly. I think she might become a fantastic swimmer, call it a hunch. But besides being a swimming pro, I have a feeling she might be very accepting of others.

Someday in the following month when we've started collecting pieces to go with the theme of "nursery," I will post pictures. I'm happy to say that it will not involve porcelain dolls, clowns, or Barney... here is a tiny preview:

Oh, and my Indie Booboo ate another chocolate treat last night. What a little sh*t demon. It was the chocolate bar I had finally realized didn't make me nausous anymore. The one that I hand carried home from Paris back in March. The one that I opened and took ONE bite and left it wrapped in thick Euro paper and tinfoil on the kitchen counter. I sincerely hope she enjoyed the creme brulee milk chocolate delight because when that foil comes out in the backyard, it isn't going to feel very comfortable...



No comments: