Thursday, July 19, 2007

Anyone recall...

My disgust for mainstream crib bedding found in Babies R' Us, Target, or any other boring local store? I mean, who wants to spend hundreds of dollars on this?



No offense meant to those parents who adore floral-fyed teddy bears and the fleshtone color peach. However, if I'm spending close to $500 on something new for the nursery why does it have to involve clutter and horrid colors?

In my opinion, all of this temporary bedding is terribly overpriced. However, when it comes to beautiful evidently designers don't limit themselves. I've found something that I'm terribly in love with but will NEVER purchase. I refused to spend this amount of money ($969) on a bedroom set for Craig and I, and we're adults, duh! Why would I spend it on a bumper, sheet, and blanket? But damn, it is beautiful... isn't it?


If anyone feels sorry for Bho and wants to donate this collection (by Serena and Lily; Wren) please let me know. I will be sure to set you up with my shipping address and you'll be the first one to get a thank-you card when Bho learns to read & write.

In the meantime, I'll be shopping at Walmart and perusing the Consignment Shops. If you have any great ideas of where I can find a drop-off site for barely-used rich-person crib bedding, write a comment. Ta-ta.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's an expensive little nest for a bird that will learn to fly in a year or two. Want to refinance the house or something?

Unknown said...

hey there jill. honestly you should decide if you would ever really use the bedding that much. I've heard mixed things, but I have heard that once babies learn to roll over they could suffocate themselves in the bumper. My sister was home over the fourth with my baby niece and all we used the whole time she was there was alexis' blankets and a plain white crib sheet. however, if you are going to get something one place to check out is Once Upon A Child. I used to work at the one in saint cloud for way too long. I've heard that the ones in the cities don't have nearly as much stuff but it is usually much cheaper.

A's mama said...

Thanks for the tip Lisa... however, you do understand that this post was entirely sarcastic, right? I would never ever in my life spend that much money on something that would last for 8 mo's tops. It is beautiful though and if I were rich I'd love to decorate her room just like it. However, my true plans include getting a little crib set not costing more than $100. So, I'll check out OUAC and see what they have! Thanks!

A's mama said...

Ohhhh, and if I were rich... I'd never change her diaper either.

Unknown said...

I knew you wouldn't spend that much at all. But my mom got a set for her crib at OUAC and it was $20. It also felt and looked like brand new. Its a hit or miss store, but sometimes you can find really good stuff.

Anonymous said...

I was just gonna use plastic wrap on the mattress, you know, easy clean up. And when it gets barfed on, just whip out the roll and re-apply.