Thursday, July 19, 2007

WARNING!

Pregnancy causes klutziness!

Seriously, I'm a fairly agile walker - I even play sports regularly. I don't usually just trip when walking around the house or fall down unexpectedly. UNTIL last night... when I turned around in the basement after loading the washer (with Indie's poop stained delight) I proceeded to stub my toe so hard on a cinderblock that Craig rushed me to the ER, not by my request mind you, which means it was gory.

*Graphic details* On the way to the ER, I decided to squeeze the puss out of the top "flap" of my toe so that my toe-guts were covered. This meant blood and pussy stuff squirted all over my toe and down my foot, it was quite the delightful site. Even with this limping bloody pregnant lady walking into the ER, we had to sit and wait for three hours until finally I was over it. I told the nurse that I wasn't waiting to go into UrgentCare (they recommended this because the wait was shorter than the typical ER) for something I could wrap up myself. The nurse requested that I write a mean comment to the hospital and Craig recommended we watch "Sicko" when we returned home.

But instead, I elevated and iced my foot like a good girl while watching the Twins lose their second game to the Tigers. COME ON Twins, sheesh! While Bho did flips in my belly the whole time while enjoying a little extra blood flow since my bottom extremities were elevated. This is the plight of a newly clumsy knocked up chick. Let the good times roll.

No comments: