Monday, December 10, 2007

Tick Tock Tick Tock...

Craig here. I'm updating from the Maplewood McDonald's since it would seem that the rooms at St John's Hospital do not come equipped with wi-fi internet, nor quarter-pounders with cheese.



It's been nearly 24 hours since we first checked in and settled into our room in the maternity ward. Last night the nurses applied various gel treatments and other techniques in an effort to promote dilation and break our baby out of confinement and onto planet Earth. It wasn't a very comfortable night for any of us. I cocooned myself in a pair of sheets and claimed space on a short couch, while Jill struggled with the tangle of monitoring equipment and midnight bathroom breaks. The nurse was kind enough to comment on Jill's earrings, explaining that they closely resemble a freshly expelled placenta [not kidding].



This morning the doctors upped the regimen and implemented a hearty dose of Pitocin via Jill's first I.V. drip. So far, it appears to be encouraging contractions, though at this stage the strength of each cramp is decidedly weaker than we had hoped. There is talk about sending her home to sleep it off, with the possibility of returning Wednesday or Thursday for another try. Until a decision is made, my baby's mamma has buried herself in law books in anticipation of Saturday's final at school.

More to come.. most likely around lunch or dinnertime, and during McDonald's normal operating hours.

7 comments:

Ana Catalina said...

Oh Jilly!! You look so uncomfortable!!! Tell those doctors to get that baby out of you RIGHT NOW!!!

Anonymous said...

Jilly! I'm sorry this is taking so long! And tell that crazy nurse that your earrings look nothing like bodily fluids! Stay strong Jillita and Craigita!

Anonymous said...

WOWZERS you two have one stubborn little lady already! I hope in the future she does not give you guys as much grief. Ashlyn, Skylor, and I are checking often to see if our new cousin has made a appearance. We hope to meet her over Christmas. Our thoughts and prayers are with you, hoping this gets easier.

Anonymous said...

Hey madre and padre,
Just wanted to let you know that everyone here is asking about the three of you and you are in all of our thoughts!! We too are anxiously awaiting to hear we have another member in "UNIT A."

Hang in there!!

A's mama said...

I am not a happy girl when Craig is snapping photos around me. Seriously, give it rest dude - you don't have everyone poking & prodding you! He doesn't quite understand...

Things are still the same - I've not left the hospital. I'm on the pitocin drip for the day and hopefully we'll have news this evening. I'll blog another post (or Craig will hopefully) tonight with Bho's first photoshoot.

Thanks for all the nice notes, btw. I'm not doing too badly - just bored sitting around and feeling stressed knowing I have to take two finals sometime soon.

Kimberly said...

We look forward to seeing the pics of bho's first photoshoot. Thank you for the update!

Anonymous said...

Push 'em out, shove 'em out, WAAAYYYY OUT!!!
I am so bored. I have nobody to chat with anymore.