Thursday, July 12, 2007

Tight shirt = many comments

Yes, I should start buying maternity clothes. It's true, I've been too lazy and still wearing my tight shirts though I'm starting to feel a bit trailer with the "beer gut" just starting to stick out. In my fantasy world, I always thought I'd be the cute girl that only gains the basketball belly and stays active the rest of the pregnancy so my ass, thighs and arms looked fit and toned. HA! Just wait, you unpregnant chicks out there... you may have the same dream as I, but when you're exhausted after just sitting in a cubicle for eight hours only to come home to gobble down a bowl of cereal (the only thing not causing heartburn - see my list below) and take a nap for an hour... you will not have the energy to run five miles like you once did. Trust me my unpregnant friends, trust me.

Anyways, the first mention of Bho today was from a stranger at 730am on the elevator. She had a slight nervous look but committed with her, "when are you due?" comment. The rest of the women on the elevator "oooooh'd" and "aaaaaah'd" until I finally got off. Thank God I work on the 3rd floor. *Please no comments that I could take the stairs... the stairwell stinks like sewer and is on the opposite side of the building. Those are definitely unpregnant-friendly resources.*

Quite peculiarly, the next array of comments came at my ex-uncles (he was divorced from my aunt) wake tonight. My extended family felt the need to comment on my belly and guess how far along I am. I forgive them though because I guess someone else's weight gain is always a pleasant conversational distraction.

What lesson did I learn today? I will not be wearing that tight sweater until I'm back down to 130lbs because it will always remind of the day that I truly started "showing" and getting the "pregnant lady oogles." Only four months to go and counting...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't even like to run 5 miles now, so when I am preggers I'll relish in the fact that I can no longer feel guilty about that! :)

But I love how cute you are, I would totally gush about you in the elevator!