Monday, July 16, 2007

Puppies, rainbows, and balloons...

How do you break big news? Do you just spill the beans? Or do you let the words linger off your tongue in suspense? Personally, for me, I like to just spill the beans.

Well, normally, that is...

This time around though, it really feels like a momentous event - like something that should involve tears of joy and a truely engaged audience. I mean, knowing if we have a mini-me or a mini-Craig might throw caution into our world. Either way, we'll have a little tennis playing, snowboard rider dude that loves dogs. Now, do I have your attention?

I sure hope so... because we found out that it weighs 12 oz and is about 10 inches long. It has ten fingers and ten toes. It has normal umbicial cord pressure, bladder, stomach, heartbeat (135 bpm - are you trying guess the sex from that? Ha.) and beautiful, long skinny legs already. Most importantly, it doesn't have a cleft palate and the brain looks to be on track re: development.

What better news could I give? I mean, a healthy baby should bring joy into everyones life, right? A couple of hints... I now have someone with whom I can share clothes when I'm out of style, a shopping compatriot, a forever family who will someday bear her own children, and a girl who can overcome all gender stereotypes. I'm amazed that Bho is a SHE! Yep, bring on the terrors of pink and purple and we'll still grow into that tomboy daughter I've always wanted.

Oh dang, this means we'll be footing the wedding bill.

Craig? You'd better start putting away big $ into your retirement... you know the story, here comes daddy's little girl. You'd better not let her down, my daddy hasn't yet.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Craig and Jill! We are so happy for you.

Brian & Kerry

Anonymous said...

Hey just want to let you know I've been looking at everything PINK & frilly and lacy!!! You're going to love the pink shades and frilly curtains and the comforters, sheets & clothes! This is going to be so fun - because Grandma's can do anything :) Right?!!!!

Bho - "her" Grandma!

Anonymous said...

Jill!!!! I am so excited for you!! Woo hoo! Congratulations you guys. That is so exciting. :)

xxxooo kari

Anonymous said...

Sugar and spice and everything nice...super sweet! Congratulations!

Ana Catalina said...

So, I guess I will need to buy the pink I (heart) NY shirt for little B-ho!!!

Congrats on the news. I'm sure she will be a beautiful befreckled little lady:)