Tuesday, December 18, 2007

The Daddy RoCKS!

This is a tribute to the best new Daddy ever born!

I've been begging Craig for days to change my banner. I think the new one is amazingly adorable. It totally shows off those delicate little fingers that are constantly being kissed. Craig has such a knack for being creative and fun. I blame it on his being left-handed. I hope Amélie gets his creativity.

Craig has also been waiting on me for the last week or so. In such a way that when I need a glass of water, he's already filling the glass before I ask. When I need my glasses that I left upstairs on the dresser, he's on his way to get them for me. When I realize that I cannot believe I have to take two finals within the next two weeks, he's right next to me comforting me and telling me that it'll work out. I hope Amélie gets his caring and genuine personality.

Amélie secretly told me this morning (when Craig took a couple hours to go snowboarding) that she was so happy to have a daddy that is teaching her how to smile, laugh, and be happy. I'm a bit stunned at how Craig has jumped into the role of daddy... immediately. As soon as the nurse placed her in the warming basket in the hospital, he was by her side helping to bathe her, swaddle her, and tell her stories about how the world works. I hope Amélie gets his positive and smart outlook on life.

When I first saw Craig change Amélie's diaper, I giggled at the care he took with each movement. He slowly unbuttoned her onesie, softly lifted her legs, delicately untaped the diaper, and carefully replaced it with a new one. Now, after I've come to watch him with Amélie over the last week - I realize that he is just that delicate in all respects. I've had a realization that this is Craig's nature; there is no haste or hurry. He is calm, respectful, and such a great role model. I hope Amélie and I inherit these most important values and traits.

I owe SO much to my baby's daddy. He is amazing and I love him more than I thought I ever could... Seriously, how did I get to be the luckiest girl? I have the nicest, sweetest, smartest, most caring, handsome, and creative beau... ALL in a package carrying such a fine toosh?! Not to repeat myself, but I hope Amélie gets his fine toosh too.

Dad Flexing his Parenting Skills

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG.That made me choke up & get all teary eyed & I am not even exaggerating, I guess I may be a teensy bit hormonal or something...Oh well. We love you guys & we are glad everything is so wonderful!!! Give me a call whenever you get a moment to relax!

Anonymous said...

No seriously, I'm all teary eyed as well!

Kimberly said...

As I am in tears also. That is soo awesome that you found your prince charming. That gives me hope for someday I will find my prince or I will even settle for something close to....

I am glad to hear things are going well for you and your beautiful family.

lauren said...

How Fantastic!! Let me wipe the tears away. Wow! That is some serious, awesome, and wonderful stuff. I am so glad to hear that everything is going so great and that you are all well. HOOORRRAAYY!

I would love to hear from you guys whenever you get a spare moment. Let me know if you ever have any mommy ?'s or if you want to compare mommy stories or anything.
love ya. Toodles.

Oscar's Mama said...

Teary eyed again, 2 years later! (I told you I was rereading old posts, I'm a dork!)