Saturday, October 6, 2007

My house rocks!

Yo dudes,

Thanks for the comments! I feel much happier now, which is a good thing for a pregnant chick. Although, I am a little offended that many of you think I look the same as I did before I gained 20 lbs. Hmph!

Okay, dum-dum-dum... here is the "new - old" house! Looking fabulous, eh? Bho's dad & grandpa actually tore off the front porch railing and are building a brand new one. Yay, my boys rule! Bho's dad is also going to be adding a third, burnt-orangish color next Spring probably - just adding to the charm, I'm sure.

Not only did we get the house painted - we bought a crib for the Bho! Yes, she might be sleeping on a mattress and not on the floor with the Boo! However, the next problem is that it takes 6-8 weeks for delivery. Whoops.

It seems that our picky nature has caused a slight issue being that it is now less than 8 weeks until the big due date of 12/03. OH, and she is totally coming sooner, btw. I'll start taking bets on when we think she'll arrive... I'm pulling for a turkey baby. How cool would that be? Maybe we'll have to find a newborn sized pilgrim hat and buckle-shoes?

Bottomline, we're hoping that they build and ship the crib a few days sooner. But no worries though, Bho's dad is really good at putting stuff together quickly and carefully.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The house is beauuuuuuuuutiful!

Ana Catalina said...

Couldn't you put little Bho in a bassinet for the first month or so before the crib arrives? For the first month or two my mom actually had each of us sleep in a bassinet next to my parent's bed for easy access during nighttime feedings.

I'm partial to the baby baskets, but there were plenty affordable little cradles and such on target.com.

A's mama said...

Thanks!

Ana - you're so logical, it kills me. Yes, I think my mom still has the bassinet/cradle thingee that I had when I was a baby. Assuming it is still safe enough to use for a baby - thirty years later! Ha.

I'll be checking into it for sure... since my nesting habits have started and I feel the need to plan everything. Oye.

Mmmuah, I love you girls!